With “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” coming around the corner, I just wanted to discuss some of the best scenes from all three Indy flicks. I’m getting really excited for Indy 4 and I will see it on the night it comes out. I also have plans in seeing “Prince Caspian” this weekend as well.
The Top Ten Best Indy Moments here:
10. The Bar Fight scene at Marion’s Bar – (Raiders) This is a classic action sequence. All the fire and gun shooting. Major Toht is one of the coolest badguys in Hollywood movies! I always loved this scene in Raiders the most.
9. Indy finds where Ark is in the Map Scene – (Raiders) This seen sends chills down my spine everytime I see it. This scene is amazing. I don’t know what it is about this scene, I just think it’s the creepy music score being played during it.
8. Indy fights a bald Nazi at the plane after finding the Ark – (Raiders) Another classic action scene. Thank you Spielberg!
7. Indy shoots a swordsman – (Raiders) A tiny scene, but classic and shows a comedic side of Indy!
6. Indy turns into a villain – (Temple of Doom) Moloram forcing Indy to turn into a bad guy is just pure gold. This is where Harrison’s acting gets amazing. Indy was a real badguy you wanted to hate in this film, just perfect acting by Harrison!
5. The Bridge scene – (Temple of Doom) Short Round “Hang On Lady, we’re going for a ride…” Willie “Oh my god, oh my god, isn’t he nuts?” Short Round, “He no nuts, he’s crazy!” The final action scene in Temple of Doom is possibly another one of the greatest action scenes ever made. I love this scene to death, I think Spielberg’s goal with this scene, he was supposed to make this scene scary as hell. Not entertaining in a way. It’s supposed to be scary, and yes, it is scary as fuck being over 100 ft in the air of that bridge and Indy cuts it to pieces.
4. The Young Indiana Jones scenes – (The Last Crusade) “The Last Crusade” was a pretty good movie but not the best of the series, but the only best thing about the film was the opening sequence with River Phoenix playing the Young Indiana Jones, totally explaining what Indy was like as a child was pure gold. I love the scene so much.
3. The Mine Chase Roller Coaster Ride scene – (Temple of Doom) Another classic Indy scene that is very entertaining. A thrill ride.
2. Truck Chase scene – (Raiders) Spielberg created one of the greatest action scenes ever made. I’ll never get tired of watching this scene, the scene where Indy goes after the truck where the Ark is in is pure magic and thrilling!
1. Belloq opens the Ark – (Raiders) The ending to “Raiders” where Belloq opens the Ark, and all these ghosts started coming out of it, The Nazis started melting while Indy and Marion are tied together keeping their eyes closed so the same doesn’t happen to them. I always found the ending to “Raiders” to be classic, the ending used to scare me when I was a kid.
There you have it, my choices for the top 10 Best Indy scenes and moments. Spielberg created a lot of fun classic Indy scenes and I’m sure he created some great memorable scenes for “Indy 4” that we’ll never forget too.