Many people complain about hollywood remakes. I agree that some of them can be really bad and stupid, but now now people, not all hollywood remakes are bad, there are actually some very good ones out there. I’ve always said that remakes don’t really bother me at all ’cause it’s typical that hollywood wants an updated version of an older movie with today’s technology that we didn’t have back in those days.
Here are 10 remakes that I can think of that are really good.
- Rob Zombie’s “Halloween” – I find this to be the best remake ever made. I thought Rob Zombie did a beautiful job remaking John Carpenter’s classic. I think this film is amazing.
- The Ring – This is one of my favorite new horror films that stars Naomi Watts, this is a pretty creepy and scary film actually. Always loved it.
- War of the Worlds – Steven Spielberg’s and Tom Cruise’s take on this alien classic was really good stuff and extremely entertaining. I liked this one a lot.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre – The Marcus Nispel film that stars Jessica Biel, many people hated this flick, but I loved it.
- Scarface – Brian Depalma remake of the 1932 classic, the one that stars Al Pacino has always been one of my favorite films of all times.
- Friday the 13th – Another Marcus Nispel remake that stars Jared Padalecki, it’s an improvement of the Friday the 13th series, much bettter Jason Voorhees in this one.
- The Last House On the Left – The 1972 Wes Craven remake, I saw the new version in theater and actually thought it was a very good one. It’s about this family that go on vacation to their cabin home by the lake, their daughter is being raped and abused by this gang, the girl’s parents go on revenge and fight them off. This didn’t do well in the box office but I thought this was a very good film.
- Insomnia – One of Christopher Nolan’s older films that stars Robin Williams, Al Pacino and Hillary Swank. It’s one of Nolan’s best films outside of, “The Dark Knight”.
- Sling Blade – Billy Bob Thornton remade this from the short film, “Some Folks Call it a Sling Blade”. I have never seen the short film, but the 1996 film had the same plot idea. Come on Billy Bob, make a sequel and return as Karl Childers, everyone wants one! I always thought this film deserves a sequel but Billy Bob never made one.
- 3:10 To Yuma – A remake from the 1957 Western that stars Christian Bale and Russell Crowe, a very good movie. I really liked it a lot.