Are you someone who is trying to get out of drinking and looking for some fun things to do this summer that does not involve drinking alcohol? Yes, there are ways to have fun without drinking and partying. I don’t drink and don’t party at all anymore like I used to in my younger years. Why do people still think drinking is fun? Why do people think it’s still so cool? It’s not cool and it’s not fun. If you want some ideas on healthy things to do this summer to have a great time, here is a list that I can think of at the top of my head.
- Go on a vacation – Go to Florida, California, or hell even the Bahamas and Hawaii if you can afford it. Going to the beaches to do some surfing, swimming, deep sea fishing, sight seeing, whale or dolphin watching, etc. That stuff doesn’t involve alcohol.
- Go to an amusement fun park – Sixx Flags, Disney World, go to a Zoo, etc. Although those parks may sell alcohol, I’m sure they sell ’em real expensive. No need to drink at those places anyways.
- Go miniature golfing – this is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. Mini golfing is a blast.
- Go on a nature hike – good cardio.
- Play summer sports – get some friends together, play some football, baseball, softball, or even volleyball in your local park.
- Go to the drive-in movie theaters – another one of my favorite things to do. As long as you eat healthy snacks, stay away from the fatty popcorn.
- Go boating – Whether you’re in a canoe or on a speed boat, they can be so much fun as long as you don’t have a cooler full of beer.
- Workout outside – You don’t always have to do workouts at your local fitness gym or at home. You can workout anywhere. If it’s nice and hot outside, bring your workout equipment outside if you have to, even a few dumb bells. Bring your workout equipment to your local park, pump some iron in public and impress people in front of them.
- Go shopping – You may hate to spend money, but as long as you have it, why keep it? Spend a whole day shopping, whatever you want. You’ll feel great after you did it.
- Visit musuems – Visiting musuems is another one of my favorite things to do. I love to go visit art musuems, history musuems, science musuems, etc. It’s really cool stuff.
You get the idea. People look at having fun that involves drinking all the time. It doesn’t have to be. The more you do alcohol free related activities, the more it’ll help get your mind of the booze. I’m so glad I got off the beer fast. I would hate to become an alcoholic like most people out there.