I may have posted this topic a long time ago before but just for fun, I don’t mind doing it again. There are bands & artists out there that a lot of people like but I’m probably one of the very few that don’t care for that band or artist.
Well, here is a top 15 list of bands & artists that everyone loves but I don’t… if this list pisses off a few, I don’t care:
- The Rolling Stones: Everybody loves the Stones but I’m probably one of the few who can’t stand ’em. I respect Keith Richards guitar playing but I don’t like Mick Jagger’s singing. There are some Stones songs that I actually do like, though. I’m just not that crazy about them.
- Bob Dylan: I respect Dylan’s legacy but was never all that big of a fan. I never really bought his albums but there a few Dylan songs that I like but that’s about it.
- John Mayer: Mayer is a great lead guitarist but I hate his songwriting. I don’t like his singing and I also think he’s overrated as hell.
- Phantogram: I guess they count as a national act now so it’s safe to put them on here. Everybody seems to love Phantogram just because they’re from Greenwich and have a lot of Greenwich friends but I’m probably one of the few who don’t care for them. Yeah, I’ve heard their music, seen their videos and even saw them live once. I’m not trying to knock ’em, they’re not my cup of tea is all. Not sure what people see in them but whatever. I also think they’re overrated.
- Ed Sheeran: Many love Sheeran but I can’t understand him. He’s just another overrated hack to me.
- Prince: I respect Prince’s legacy but I never really got into his music. Although I did watch the “Purple Rain” movie which is a good film.
- The Dave Matthews Band: Used to love ’em but not anymore.
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers: I stopped liking the Chilli Peppers after John Frusciante left the band. I don’t like their new guitarist.
- Poison: A lot of people seem to dig this 80’s hair metal band with Brett Michaels but I never really got into them. Although, “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn” is the only good song I like from them.
- Bon Jovi: Women love Jovi for his good looks and guys love him for the music. I’m probably one of the few who don’t care for Bon Jovi. Am I the only one who finds his singing voice annoying?
- The Eagles: Like the Dude says in the Big Lebowski, “I hate the fucking Eagles, man”. I’m right there with him. I hate the Eagles too. Although, I’ll admit that “Hotel California” is the only song I like from them.
- Coldplay: The only good album they did was “Rush of Blood To The Head” but other than that… once they’ve gone mainstream, they’re a pop band now.
- Bruno Mars: Everybody seems to love this guy named Bruno Mars and people has been talking about him nonstop since his Superbowl appearance but I’m probably one of the few who don’t understand him. Another overrated hack.
- The Weekend: A lot of people seems to be all over this guy but I can’t understand him as well. His music is also not my cup of tea at all. Sorry.
- Florence and The Machine: A lot of people seem to all over them but I hope I’m not the only one who can’t stand Florence and her voice.
That’s all for now. I’m sure there’s more but can’t think of ’em right now.