I posted this as a facebook status last night:
“Isn’t it a bit ironic that people are mad at Casey Anthony for walking out of murdering a child, yet everyone is happy for the “West Memphis Three” guys being freed after being accused of murdering 3 boys? Seriously, what’s wrong with this picture?”
It only got very few replies and one “liked” by someone, so I must be right on what I said.
I know a lot of people are supporting “West Memphis Three” guys. A lot of people in the music community look at these guys as cult heroes because of their love for music and all that. It’s mostly people in the metal community that supports them.
I don’t support people who are suspects of murdering children. Whether they did it or not, it’s still bad news of them being let go.
Think about why:
- The victim’s families and friends would be outraged by this.
- The three men had a long history of crime before the murder like burglary, assault and they have bad tempers.
- They could be possible satanists (or devil worshippers).
- They could commit crime again. (Usually when prisoners are freed from prison after many years, they end up going back…)
- They could have gotten away with it.
- This is not justice for the victims.
One thought on “Thought: Reasons why it’s a bad idea to let the “West Memphis Three” go free…”
I did read a lot about the WM3. I do not think they did the murders, but that is my opinion and not something that should be considered by the courts.
I think they should have had another trial.
Since they were let go by the Alford plea that means that Law Enforcement does not have to look for the real killer, that means that the case is basically closed.
If the WM3 did not kill the boys then this plea allows the killer to continue to walk free.
If the WM3 did kill the boys they are free.
A miscarriage of justice either way.