Every year when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame comes around, I would usually compile a list of bands and artists that still need to get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony in Cleveland. Sometimes the lists turn out a little different but I don’t mind doing this list again…
Here’s a top fifteen list of legendary bands & artists that hasn’t gotten inducted yet but SHOULD:
- Deep Purple: Hopefully the next Hall of Fame will be their time!
- Yes: The legendary prog rock band who’s famous for songs “Roundabout” and “Owner of a Lonely Heart”. Hopefully the next Hall of Fame will be their time as well and I think it will be.
- Billy Idol: This guy hasn’t even gotten a nomination yet either. I don’t think he’s ever gotten one and I think it’s time that Billy Idol get inducted? His career is absolutely worthy!
- Midnight Oil: Another band that I can think of that is worthy of the Hall of Fame and they are eligible too. Pete Garrett is a kick ass rock singer and this band is definitely worthy.
- Ozzy (solo career): Black Sabbath is already in, what about Ozzy solo?
- Pat Benatar: The singer known for songs like “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” and “Heartbreaker”. I fuckin’ LOVE Pat Benatar and it’s insane that she isn’t in yet.
- Jethro Tull: Need I say more? Ian Anderson and the guys are definitely worthy!
- Joe Satriani: Believe it or not, the Satch is eligible as he has been around for years. He’s definitely worthy as he had one helluva career!
- Phish: The Grateful Dead are in the Hall of Fame but not Phish. Now there is something wrong with that!
- Emerson, Lake and Palmer: It’s also pretty insane that this band isn’t in yet ’cause their album, “Brain Salad Surgery” is a masterpiece and one of my favorite albums of all time.
- Dire Straits: Huh??? Their hit video “Money for Nothing” which changed music video history is not good enough to get the band inducted? WOW!
- Sammy Hagar (solo): Van Halen is in but Sammy’s legendary solo career isn’t. He had a very successful and legendary solo career. His video for “I Can’t Drive 55” also helped change the history of MTV.
- Iron Maiden: One of the greatest metal bands of all time is definitely worthy. It’s a shame that the Hall of Fame doesn’t give much respect to metal.
- Slayer: Enough said?
- Motorhead: Yeah, I think they so deserve it.
I’m sure the list can keep going and going.