There’s a lot of TV show reboots coming to the small screen with shows like “24: Legacy”, “Lethal Weapon”, “MacGyver”, “Training Day”, etc. I’m sure there’s plenty more coming your way too. I saw the trailers for “24: Legacy” and “MacGyver” and I wasn’t that crazy about either of them. They both look horrible and I’m sure all the other shows will be horrible too. What is it with these TV show reboots all of a sudden? Does Hollywood honestly think we’ll be interested in seeing all of these?
I think it’s a proven fact that people in America are getting pretty fed up with remakes and reboots. We don’t care about those but Hollywood keeps coming out with them. I think it’s because they don’t care what we like as long as it makes them the money, ya know? I’m starting to get tired of all these remakes and reboots myself.
What movie fans wanna see is something original and different. Hollywood can never come up with something original or different… the new movies and TV shows that comes out, they always gotta be remakes and reboots. I too am starting to believe that Hollywood can’t come up with anything new and original these days. It’s just sad.
I maybe a huge movie buff and all but I don’t like where the industry is going these days myself. Too many reboots, remakes, sequels and too many superhero films. What happened to originality? I believe the only reason Hollywood doesn’t make anything “original” is simply because it doesn’t make them the money. Remakes and reboots helps make them the money and helps Hollywood survive. They would do whatever keeps them in business. Period.
Last night on Netflix, I’ve decided to re-watch “Crocodile Dundee 1 and 2”. You know those comedy films about a crocodile hunter starring Paul Hogan and Linda Kozlowski? I’ve watched both movies back to back last night. Yes, both movies are still amazing. I’ve seen both of these movies over 100 times and these Crocodile Dundee movies never get old. After I finished watching the 2nd one, I immediately thought to myself… “I have a feeling a reboot is gonna happen to the Crocodile Dundee” series.
Now that Hollywood is all obsessed with reboots what other possible reboot series that could happen sometime in the future? Reboot series that hasn’t been greenlighted yet.
Here are 10 guesses of inevitable reboots that could happen in no particular order:
- Crocodile Dundee: I think everybody knows that this could probably happen. I don’t mind a “Dundee” reboot series but as long as Paul Hogan is still involved in some way. Maybe he can still write the script and not star?
- Rambo: This could probably happen. Sly Stallone plans to do one more Rambo himself and then he’s done. After that, I think a Rambo reboot will get greenlighted.
- Lethal Weapon: I can see this one happening for sure.
- Back to the Future: Rumors are already swirling. Robert Zemeckis said he wouldn’t let it happen but ya never know.
- Die Hard: This could happen once Bruce Willis decides to retire from them.
- The Godfather: Oh man, imagine if they re-started this series all over again. I wouldn’t be surprised if this reboot is coming. Not sure if Francis Ford Coppola would allow it, though.
- The Hannibal Lecter film series: They could reboot this one anytime. Would be great for Halloween time.
- Gremlins: I think there’s already one being planned. Not sure.
- Star Trek: Whenever Paramount/Bad Robot gets done with those lame Star Trek movies with the young cast, they will probably do a whole new Star Trek reboot but when they do, please make something original and new.
- Harry Potter: Rumors are already swirling on this one too. Since Daniel Radcliffe no longer wants to do Harry Potter and he wants to move on, I’m feeling Warner Bros. is gonna go ahead without him soon. J.K. Rowling will probably write new Harry Potter books for them to make more movies on.
There’s the list. Enjoy!