I did a post on a bunch of different musician stereotypes that are out there well I can come up with 15 more.
Enjoy the post!
- The fund my album/fund my tour musician: These are the ones who are begging their fan base to fund their albums and even tours. I’ve never been a big fan of crowdfunding for projects if other people wanna do it so be it. Not my thing.
- The not care about their fans musician: Unfortunately you will see some of these. Not all musicians and bands care for their fans. Many will be into music for themselves. Some don’t care to interact with their fan base online and even at the gigs. It’s worse at the gigs, though. Some bands don’t use their shows to hang out with fans at all. They just hang out in the back or leave right after their gig.
- The lazy promoter: You will see a lot of these. Bands and musicians not doing shit to promote their music or live shows. They mostly rely on social networking and doing nothing outside of that.
- Local bands & solo artists with a manager: In my opinion, you don’t need a manager when you’re just a local musician but some of them will have managers. I just don’t get it but if they want to have one so be it.
- The play dress up for your live shows musician: Some bands and artists take their shows so seriously. They’re not fashion shows. What’s wrong with just wearing jeans and t-shirt on stage?
- Musicians who think they are comedians: You will see some musicians who try so hard to make people laugh and that’s all they do.
- That cute couple who plays in the same band or in a acoustic duo together: You will always see couple musicians out there. This happens all over the place.
- The always hope to play in front of huge crowds guy: There will always be musicians hoping to play in front of huge crowds at their gigs when they shouldn’t worry about that. Big crowd? Small crowd? Who cares! Just give the show your best shot either way!
- The very talkative musician: There will always be a musician out there who just won’t stop talking. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy talkative people but when they go on and on and on and on… ugggghhhhh… that can get annoying after a while.
- The quiet musician, the one who always keep to him or herself: You will see some shy ones out there too like myself. I’m guilty of being the quiet one ’cause that’s who I am.
- The musician who plays on stage like a zombie, always looking bored: Just standing there playing their instrument looking bored. Not smiling, not dancing or moving around on stage. You will see some of these.
- The musician who has way too much fun on stage: You will see some musicians on stage who looks to be having too much fun. Running around back and forth on stage, doing stunts like jumping in the air, climbing on equipment, smiling throughout the whole show, etc. I can go on.
- The musician who is extremely talented but he/she doesn’t think so: You will see musicians who are very talented at what they do but they don’t think so. They don’t like compliments and they are very humble people. They just do their thing.
- The take a girl home after a show to get laid musician: There is rock n’ roll and drugs in music but there will be sex too. Just ask the band Kiss, they’ve been there.
- The nervous performer: You will see some musicians on stage who are not all the way confident and they look nervous performing. Maybe that is why some of them play like a zombie, ya know?
There ya go, enjoy!