A little preview of my upcoming David Bowie live show. I’ve been working on this song for a while.
I can get the most of the song vocally but there is this one part that it is kind of tricky but I’ll get it, though.
Enjoy! It’s one of my favorites of Bowie’s and I have to do this one.
Some may think my training style in powerlifting maybe pretty questionable. In powerlifting training, I usually start off light for the first couple of sets and then the last few sets that’s when I do the heavy sets/few reps. There are a few reasons why I train this way.
- It’s important to start off your sets “hypertrophy” style so you can work on your form and practice your technique. That is always crucial. You jump into heavy sets/few reps right away, your form could be a mess.
- I like to mix hypertrophy style training so I can build muscle mass and strength mass at the same time ’cause I always believed that building muscle is a part of strength training. Building more muscle will give you strength too and it’s always important to train like a bodybuilder still. Know what I mean?
I’ll probably continue to mix hypertrophy and strength training together but from now on, I think I’m going to do things differently. Come up with a different training program. I think from now on, I’m going to do a couple weeks of straight heavy sets/few reps and then I’ll pick a week of hypertrophy/lighter days like a “deload” week or something on the big three lifts.
Week 1: Heavy days
Week 2: Heavy days
Week 3: Heavy days
Week 4: Hypertrophy style/deload week
I’ll go with something along like that and that sounds like a good plan to me ’cause I was told that it’s not good to lift heavy week after week. It’s good to pick a light week, ya know?
I wanna build muscle as well. Not just strength.
I never thought I would say this but I think I’m in need of a powerlifting coach. I really need one. I already have a few but they live all the way out in Albany and I only see them on the powerlifting meets. I would need to get a powerlifting coach who is more locally and I’m going to do my best to find someone. Get a powerlifting coach who has a lot of powerlifting experience and knows what he’s doing. My own powerlifting coach would help and hope I get lucky enough to find one. Maybe I’ll put out an ad in craigslist or something maybe that would help, lol. If I want to become a great powerlifter someday then a coach is needed.
No gym day today. Today will be an off day totally. Before a power lifting meet, it’s important you need to rest the day before. No working out, no nothing. So it’s gonna be a lazy do nothing kind of day. I’m also going to bed early later tonight. The reason for all this is that you need to be full of energy and not be tired at all on meet day.
So today, I’m going to hang and chill. Relax. Play some guitar, do some reading, play video games, watch some TV, etc. Whatever. I need to focus and get my mind off of working out for the day.
So tomorrow is gonna be powerlifting meet Round No. 2 for me. Admittedly my first powerlifting meet at Albany Strength back in Aug. 31st, I went kind of easy on that one but this one I’m going to bring it and put on a show. Yep, I’m going to go heavier on this one. They don’t call it powerlifting for no reason, it’s the name of the game.
Will I come home with another trophy or award or some kind? We’ll see what happens but I didn’t get into powerlifting to win trophies or awards, I got into it to get more weightlifting strength and to improve my technique. Things like that.
Gonna be a blast tomorrow! Can’t wait! Yes, I’ll film video and take plenty of pics.
I did a post on a bunch of different musician stereotypes that are out there well I can come up with 15 more.
Enjoy the post!
- The fund my album/fund my tour musician: These are the ones who are begging their fan base to fund their albums and even tours. I’ve never been a big fan of crowdfunding for projects if other people wanna do it so be it. Not my thing.
- The not care about their fans musician: Unfortunately you will see some of these. Not all musicians and bands care for their fans. Many will be into music for themselves. Some don’t care to interact with their fan base online and even at the gigs. It’s worse at the gigs, though. Some bands don’t use their shows to hang out with fans at all. They just hang out in the back or leave right after their gig.
- The lazy promoter: You will see a lot of these. Bands and musicians not doing shit to promote their music or live shows. They mostly rely on social networking and doing nothing outside of that.
- Local bands & solo artists with a manager: In my opinion, you don’t need a manager when you’re just a local musician but some of them will have managers. I just don’t get it but if they want to have one so be it.
- The play dress up for your live shows musician: Some bands and artists take their shows so seriously. They’re not fashion shows. What’s wrong with just wearing jeans and t-shirt on stage?
- Musicians who think they are comedians: You will see some musicians who try so hard to make people laugh and that’s all they do.
- That cute couple who plays in the same band or in a acoustic duo together: You will always see couple musicians out there. This happens all over the place.
- The always hope to play in front of huge crowds guy: There will always be musicians hoping to play in front of huge crowds at their gigs when they shouldn’t worry about that. Big crowd? Small crowd? Who cares! Just give the show your best shot either way!
- The very talkative musician: There will always be a musician out there who just won’t stop talking. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy talkative people but when they go on and on and on and on… ugggghhhhh… that can get annoying after a while.
- The quiet musician, the one who always keep to him or herself: You will see some shy ones out there too like myself. I’m guilty of being the quiet one ’cause that’s who I am.
- The musician who plays on stage like a zombie, always looking bored: Just standing there playing their instrument looking bored. Not smiling, not dancing or moving around on stage. You will see some of these.
- The musician who has way too much fun on stage: You will see some musicians on stage who looks to be having too much fun. Running around back and forth on stage, doing stunts like jumping in the air, climbing on equipment, smiling throughout the whole show, etc. I can go on.
- The musician who is extremely talented but he/she doesn’t think so: You will see musicians who are very talented at what they do but they don’t think so. They don’t like compliments and they are very humble people. They just do their thing.
- The take a girl home after a show to get laid musician: There is rock n’ roll and drugs in music but there will be sex too. Just ask the band Kiss, they’ve been there.
- The nervous performer: You will see some musicians on stage who are not all the way confident and they look nervous performing. Maybe that is why some of them play like a zombie, ya know?
There ya go, enjoy!
I do a pretty good job with form and posture at most of my workouts at the gym but sometimes I guess, I still gotta get the form down on a few things. Like the leg press for example. I filmed myself doing the leg press at the gym and then I watched it to see how I did. I noticed the form on the leg press was kind of bad. I was doing them in slow range motion and not locking the knees but wasn’t bringing the legs down lower enough. Admittedly, I’ve been doing half-repping on the leg press after all this time but next time on leg day for next week, I’ll get the form right by lowering the weight a little and doing the reps at a 90 degree angle like what most video tutorials in youtube say. Next week, I’ll correct the form as soon as possible.
If you’ve noticed that you’ve been doing workouts in bad form for a long while, don’t worry about it ’cause whether or not people want to admit it, everybody works out in terrible form in some of their workouts… even some of the pro lifters and experienced bodybuilders have bad form and bad posture too. I see it all the time.
It’s not a big deal if you do things wrong in the gym so don’t worry about it ’cause we all make mistakes. I still gotta correct the form on the dead-lift a little bit and gotta work out the form on the squats too.
I post my workout videos on social networking for all to see is not because I’m desperate for likes… I don’t care about that. I post ’em online for honest feedback. I’m always looking for tips and advice on how to correct my form from other people. If someone gives me tips on correcting my form, I won’t feel bad about it. Just take it like a man and be humble about it. Most bodybuilders in the gym can get pretty cocky when they’re called out on their form… many of them can get pretty defensive about it but not me. I’m always willing to listen ’cause it’s important to be safe and stuff, ya know?
Perfect form is important ’cause you want to get a full contraction and hit the right target and stuff. In other words, hit the muscles in the right places. Also, bad form could lead to injury.
I’m glad that I’m starting to film my workouts at the gym and that way if I notice that I’m doing something wrong, I can say to myself: “Gee, I’ve been doing this wrong for a while. Gotta correct the form as soon as possible”.
Don’t be afraid to admit you’ve been doing workouts wrong ’cause sometimes lifters egos are so huge, they’ll never admit it. It’s a good thing to admit you’re doing something wrong and to correct it asap. That makes people want to like you more ’cause nobody likes a cocky person in the gym and there are tons of ’em. Trust me.
Without this guy, I wouldn’t be doing what I would be doing. Playing the guitar! Seriously though, it was all Jimmy Page that made me want to pick up the guitar and become a rock n’ roll guitarist myself. When I heard the music of Led Zeppelin, hearing their studio albums, all their live stuff and live concert footage… I’m like, “That’s what I want to be one day… an electric rock guitarist!”. I’ve been inspired to play both rhythm and lead guitar ’cause of Jimmy Page. He really is my favorite guitar hero. I may like a lot of guitarists out there but Jimmy will always be my number 1.
When I play lead guitar, admittedly I try to play like him and borrow a lot of licks from him. Jimmy is a genius on the guitar. I don’t understand why Led Zep has a lot of haters still. Before Black Sabbath, it was Led Zep that started “heavy” music. So to all of you who love hard rock and metal, thank Led Zep for that. Led Zep was and still is my favorite band ever.
The Led Zep IV album is what did it to me. I’m a die-hard Led Zep fan and I’m proud of it. I’ll never get tired of listening to Led Zeppelin. I love all of Jimmy Page’s side projects too: Coverdale/Page, the Black Crowes and everything else he has done.
I really do hope Jimmy does something new musically, though. Since there will never be a Led Zep reunion ever again… I can see Jimmy doing a new side project sometime soon. There’s been a lot of talk of Jimmy going solo again, but whatever he plans to do, I’m sure will be genius. I think he and Dave Grohl should do something together ’cause that would be an awesome collaboration!
Thanks Jimmy for the awesome guitar playing over the years!
I know I’ve been switching back and forth a little bit on what my vocal range style is, but I think I’ll make it final that my vocal range is “tenor”. I’m very sure and 100% positive it is.
On the piano, I can sing from C4 to F4 (C4 which is middle C on piano). In order to be a tenor, you need to be in the B2 to G4 range. That’s the tenor range right there. I can sing from B2 to F4 which pretty much lands in the tenor range. I’m not quite up to G4 yet but I’m getting there.
So yeah, I’m definitely a tenor singer which feels pretty awesome. I sung the notes on a piano so I’m pretty sure I can sing from B2 to F4. I actually can hit G4 a little bit but not quite. I gotta stop right there so I don’t damage my voice, but I can already sing pretty high.
I’m gonna continue to practice my vocal exercises to see if I can go even higher ’cause I would like to make it up to alto possibly. I already do have quite a vocal range, though which feels awesome.
I do want to hit the really high notes and it’s possible I can go all the way up to soprano too. Just gotta work hard and stay dedicated. I do want to have a really strong singing voice. I love singing. I’m doing all I can to improve and get better. My voice is already decent enough to sing rock n’ roll and even metal so I’ll give it a go soon.
I love this tweet by President Trump. What Trump just did here was that he basically told TIME magazine to fuck off and leave him alone.
Why did Trump turn down the “Person of the Year” award this year? Well here’s a little flashback y’all…
Time magazine attacked Trump on the cover by calling him the “President of the Divided States of America” instead of calling him the “United States of America” which was pretty cruel and uncalled for! It was also pretty unprofessional and bad journalism at best. TIME magazine also bashed him in the actual article from last year too. I’ll never forget it.
Then here comes this tweet by Time magazine themselves on twitter claiming what Trump said was full of shit and you know this tweet was a flat out lie by Time magazine…
TIME magazine is obviously trying to save themselves from bad publicity. Trying to save themselves from their readers boycotting and unsubscribing from their shitty magazine.
Ya know, who cares. Trump doesn’t need to be on covers of magazines anyways ’cause he has way better and more important things to do like making America great again. I remember when Barack Obama was president, he did too many magazine covers and was featured in interviews in a lot of them too. Why? It’s because Obama was obsessed with the fame and he was a bit of a narcissist. Trump however doesn’t care about the fame ’cause he’s already famous.
Sure, ever since Trump got elected he may have done plenty of TV interviews, but they were mostly done at the White House. Ever since Trump got elected and sworn in, he hasn’t done many magazine covers which is good.
I loved how Trump called out TIME magazine and told them to fuck off. It was awesome.
What happened to news magazines like Newsweek and TIME? They’re both garbage. They’re both lapdogs for the Democrat party just like the fake news MSM so fuck ’em. TIME magazine was probably planning to attack him again this year.
Trump is so focused on his presidency and doing all the things we elected him to do. Trump doesn’t care about fame and publicity.
I hate how everything is so liberal nowadays. Think about why Trump won ’cause we’re fed up with all the liberalism.
There are some in the Trump base that some believe that Gen. McMaster has more power than Trump. Some believe that McMaster is the one calling all the shots in the White House. The same can be said for Gen. Kelly, there are some that believe Kelly has more power than Trump too. There are also those that believe Ivanka and Jared have more power than Trump ’cause some in the Trump base believe that those two are progressive globalists.
Some are sad that people like Bannon and Gorka left the White House ’cause they have some harsh criticism about the president and they thought they were better & smarter than Trump.
I think it’s crazy that some in the Trump base wants to act like that Trump is stupid. They want to think that Trump is naive. Some people thinks that Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing. Most want to underestimate Trump of how he’s doing things in the White House.
I think Trump knows what he’s doing and nobody in the White House has more power than him at all. Those in the Trump base that slam Ivanka/Jared, McMaster, Kelly, etc. They’re all idiots who are all fake Trump supporters, in my opinion. Just secret haters pretending to be supporters.
I support Trump 100% and I believe he knows what he’s doing. I just ignore the White House experts… they just think they know everything that goes on in there when they don’t. That Mike Cervnovich asshole on twitter, don’t listen to him… he’s continuing to divide the Trump base ’cause I believe he’s trying to make Trump lose 2020. That Cernovich dude is a fraud.
To those in the Trump base just can’t make up their mind on whether or not they want to stay on Trump Train. You’re either in or out. I hate those in the Trump base that just wants to bash those in the Trump admin. Believe in Trump and have faith in him. It’s lame that some in the Trump community want to bash Ivanka and Jared.
In my opinion, those so-called Trumpers who just wants to bash people in Trump’s admin. are not the base as they all claim. The real base are those who supports Trump 100%.
Nobody has more power than Trump. Donald Trump has been in business and been an entrepreneur/CEO for over 30 years. Over those years, he made sure nobody has more power than him ’cause that guy is no joke. Trump is the most powerful man in the world and anybody that doesn’t think so is an idiot.
I’ve never watched too much video footage on Charlottesville violence except the only other footage I’ve seen was when the car rammed into another car, the one that killed that poor lady.
Just finished watching this footage and it’s crazy. People beating each other up, pepper spraying each other and police in their full riot-gear just standing there doing nothing. Why did the police stand there? Well, somebody obviously told them to stand-down.
I also heard the Mayor Mcauliffe response to this and it was weak. His response was totally one-sided. He only condemned the White Supremacist side but refused to call out BLM/Antifa.
If you live in a city or small town that has a Democratic mayor then you probably don’t feel safe at all. A lot of cities and small towns in America have a Democratic mayor which is sad, in my opinion. I’m sure they all encourage political violence and they allow illegal aliens to live in their cities/towns.
When it comes to Charlottesville, I’m on no one’s side. This shouldn’t have to happen at all. We really need to unite somehow ’cause this is going way too far. This isn’t what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. would have wanted. They’re reversing everything Dr. King fought for and it’s sad.