The sport of powerlifting is getting popular but it’s not for everyone. Some are gonna criticize the sport for sure. You’ll hear some people say things like: “Oh, there’s nothing special about showing off how much weight you can lift”, “They’re just a bunch of ego lifters”, “Powerlifting is for fat asses who got nothing better to do,”, etc. blah blah blah, I can go on and on. After competing in three powerlifting meets, powerlifting can be a lot of fun for a lot of reasons and I can name a few of them. I’ll name 5 reasons why powerlifting is such a blast…
- You can meet new people: This is the best part of powerlifting is all the new people you’ll meet at these things. When you go to a powerlifting meet, you’ll probably be a little worried that powerlifters might be a bunch of arrogant jerks. Honestly, I thought exactly that almost but when I did three powerlifting meets, most of the lifters at these meets are actually very humble, down to earth and friendly people. There are no ego at these things. You’ll see no one trying to act better than everyone. This isn’t WWE or boxing. In powerlifting meets, you’ll see everyone helping each other and supporting each other for their lifting. We all want to see everyone at their best in these meets. When you go to a powerlifting meet, you’ll see lots of camaraderie all over. That’s one thing I like about powerlifting is ’cause people are so cool at these meets. You can meet lots of new friends out of these things.
- It’s a thrill that you can be able to lift heavy things: Probably the biggest reason why powerlifting is so popular now. People just get a thrill of lifting heavy things. That’s why powerlifting is becoming a huge obsession to me. It is a blast to lift heavy things and it’s exciting to see your 1 rep maxes and pr’s go up. You don’t realize your own strength and you can surprise yourself with these things.
- It’s fun to perform for a live audience: Another reason powerlifting is addicting. It’s a blast to perform your lifts in front of a live crowd and hearing everyone cheering you on. If you do well at these powerlifting meets, you could earn the spectators respect and you could grow a fanbase/following in powerlifting. Performing your lifts in front of an audience is great. You get to show everyone what you can do in a gym.
- You get to experience something new and different in life: If you’re bored in life, powerlifting will give you something to do. Powerlifting will get things off of your system and gets your mind off of everything else. It keeps you busy and helps pushes you to work a lot harder in the gym.
- You’ll notice that your physique improves better than bodybuilding style training: Ever since I started powerlifting, I’ve noticed that my chest pecs have really started beefing up, big time since I started bench pressing again. Feels real good. I’m starting to get the bodybuilder look that I want ’cause I got into powerlifting. My forearms getting bigger finally too. Your physique will improve massively after all the heavy lifting you’re doing and it’s fun to see.
That’s all. Powerlifting is for everybody. Anybody can get into the sport so don’t be afraid to try it out sometime.