In celebration of the Rock’s long awaited return to WWE, I thought it would be pretty cool to talk about his greatest feuds from the past. Here are the Rock’s 5 best feuds in WWE, in my opinion.
- The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan – This is when the nWo first returned to the WWE. The goal was to destroy the company that Vince McMahon created, so Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan was brought in. They ended up feuding with the Rock. Hulk Hogan was originally brought in as a heel, but Hogan’s heel turn didn’t work out so well because he kept getting cheers by the crowd during the Wrestlemania X8 – “Icon vs. Icon” match they did. That’s what forced Hogan to go back to the Red & Yellow, American Hero Hogan. It was a very powerful feud and one of my favorite story lines of all times.
- The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin – This is obviously one of Rock’s best feuds. It’s the reason it made the attitude era so great. They did that legendary match together at Wrestlemania 15, which is one of the greatest matches of all times. Then they had another match together at Wrestlemania 19.
- The Rock vs. Mick Foley – They’ve feuded for years and they’ve been friends in story lines, back and forth. Foley only had one Wrestlemania main event match which was at Wrestlemania 2000, it was a Fatal 4 Way match between Triple H, The Rock, Mick Foley, and the Big Show.
- The Rock vs. Bill Goldberg – This feud wasn’t very long but it was very good. Rock was a heel at this time, the WWE tried to give the Rock a heel turn but that didn’t work out so well, because the crowd would cheer for him no matter what he did. It was a really great feud though.
- The Rock vs. The Undertaker – Rocky had a big feud with ‘Taker in the late 90’s. They had a match together at a Survivor Series ppv which I remember, clearly. They had many great moments together, the Rock’s sense of humor, making fun of the Undertaker were pretty priceless. I’ll never forget this feud.
We shall have many more great Rock feuds up ahead. Rock vs. Cena should be entertaining at ‘Mania, but I have a bad feeling that the Rock will be feuding with CM Punk and the new Nexus very quickly. Nexus might be after the Rock at WM-27, so that night might end pretty bad for the Rock.