Today is Sly’s birthday. As some of you know, I’m a lifelong fan of the man. Looked up to him ever since I was a child ’cause I was a huge Rocky fan when I was a child. Then the Rambo movies came and I was a huge fan of those. Still am a huge Rambo fan. I’ve seen most of Sly’s movies over the years. The only movies I haven’t seen of Sly were: “Reach Me”, “Backtrace”, “Escape Plan II” and “Escape Plan: The Extractors”. I’m gonna get around to those soon but I try to see everything he’s in even if the film isn’t good.
I am definitely looking forward to “Rambo: Last Blood” and can’t freakin’ wait.
I remember in the past, though, that people hated on Sly. That was back in the days when his career was in a slump, though. People didn’t think he would turn his career around again but look at him now. He’s a box office star again.
People laughed at him when he said he wanted Rocky 6 to happen “Rocky Balboa” (2006), I’ll never forget it. People in the media criticized Sly for wanting to bring back Rocky ’cause of Sly’s age and now look at him. Sly made three more Rocky movies since Rocky V… “Rocky Balboa”, “Creed” and “Creed II”. He definitely proved the haters wrong and I admire the man so much for that. Now everyone respects Sly again and haven’t seen anything negative said about the man in a long while.
People used to make fun of me for liking so Sly so much but I’m a huge fan, I don’t care what people say. I hate most celebrities but Sly is one exception. In real life, Sly seems like a good guy. He doesn’t carry around all this fame stuff like most celebrities do, he’s humble and he’s just a normal guy like all of us.
The man works really hard to entertain us. Some may not thinks so but Sly takes his work very seriously. He always tries to make the best movie possible. Making movies isn’t about the money for him either. He makes movies ’cause he loves it and that’s what he does.
Can’t wait for “Rambo: Last Blood” as I’m definitely gonna see it as soon as it comes out!
Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors. I’ve followed his career for years. Would try to watch all of his films as much as I can, but to be honest, I’m not interested in seeing, “Larry Crowne”, his latest film that he directed himself and starred with Julia Roberts. It doesn’t look good. I’ll see it on DVD of course, just not in theater. I love most of Tom Hanks movies, but once in a while he can come out with a bad movie or two like “The Ladykillers” and “Charlie Wilson’s War”, those films were horrible.
Here are my choices of Best of Tom Hanks, I’ll name ten of his films in order:
- The Road to Perdition – This has always been my favorite Tom Hanks movie, “Saving Private Ryan” and “Forrest Gump” are both good flicks but they are kind of overrated. “Road to Perdition” is the best film he’s ever done, in my opinion. His best role that he should have won another Oscar for.
- Cast Away – Another favorite of mine. This film is never boring all the way through. I’ll never get tired of “Cast Away”.
- The Green Mile – Another one of his best roles and a bit underrated too. I love this film.
- Toy Story 3 – Like everyone else, I think the third Toy Story movie is the best one of the trilogy.
- Forrest Gump – This needs to be high on the list, or I would get in trouble if I put it as 9 or 10. Yes, Forrest Gump is a classic indeed.
- Apollo 13 – This is the best Ron Howard/Tom Hanks collaboration, in my opinion.
- Joe Versus The Volcano – This is my favorite of his comedy era, it’s a really great film.
- BIG – Another classic flick, of his comedy days, I love this film as well.
- The Burb’s – Another great comedy flick in the 80’s. Corey Feldman’s character is the best part of the film.
- The Terminal – An entertaining film, I’ll never get tired of. Even though this film had slight problems in the writing, other than that, a good film. I enjoy it.
Most of his flicks are good but those 10 are my favorite.
As of July 6th, it is Sylvester Stallone’s 62nd birthday, yes he is 62. He is really not that old as you all think he is. So the man has plenty of years ahead of him to make a lot more movies. This is a man that I grew up admiring my entire life. Yes, ever since I was a child. Definitely a big hero and inspiration in my life.
Whether he had a bad career or not for most of his life, he is still a legend.
I was going to do my own tribute Birthday video to Sly but I don’t have the software to do it. So I will post someone else’s Sly tribute in my blog below. Happy Birthday Sly. And thanks for bringing back Rocky and Rambo back to the big screen like us die hard Sly fans been dreaming of for a long time. This man has been desperately fighting to bring Rocky and Rambo back to the big screen for years, and he finally did it. This man deserves all the respect.