This is another Best of 2011 that I do pretty much every year on this site. Considering this site is about entertainment news, this is a year in review kind of thing of which I thought was the most interesting or got the most attention in this blog site. Now that 2011 is completely over, I thought I would do this today.
I will do 15 of them, enjoy the read…
15. Lindsay Lohan poses for Playboy, Marilyn Monroe style – Playboy has been trying to get her for years, but Lindsay turned down all the offers until now. Even if she’s getting so much hate over this, people are still buying the magazine ’cause Hugh Hefner says the issue is breaking record sales. Like I said, people wouldn’t resist seeing Lindsay Lohan naked, just out of curiosity. I’ll admit that she’s kind of a hot lady whether she is airbrushed or not, she is still a cute looking woman, just admit it now.
14. Movie being made about the Gotti’s – Looking through my earlier blog posts through the 2011 year, this movie about the Gotti mobsters certainly got a lot of attention in this site, so I had to include this one. The film makers have been having a tough time trying to keep some cast and crew on the job ’cause a lot of people dropped out, including Joe Pesci, and who else, Lindsay Lohan. So far, the film stars, John Travolta, Ben Foster, and Al Pacino.
13. Amanda Knox gets murder conviction overturned and is now a free woman – The story of Meredith Kircher has been all over the web non stop. Amanda got herself a memoir deal confirmed earlier this year, so expect a book soon. Would I buy her book when it hits the shelves? I’m not sure yet. She got mixed opinions on this case. Some say she’s guilty and some say she’s innocent. I’d say she’s guilty as fuck.
12. Netflix raises the prices of subscriptions, angers customers – Before the price raise, Netflix was a very popular service. Pretty much everyone I knew had the service, which inspired me to get it. I subscribed to Netflix, a few months before they announced the price raise, I remember. Pretty much the whole internet was angry about it. People threatened to cancel their accounts and Netflix lost a lot of subscribers. They still have some support though and I’m one of those very few people who would gladly support Netflix still. Netflix rocks, fuck the haters, ya know?
11. Bill Murray all skeptical on “Ghostbusters 3” movie script – Just when are they ever going to get this damn movie made? They want Bill Murray to do it so he can reprise his role as Peter Venkman, but Bill claimed he has never read the script yet. We still haven’t heard from him. Does the script suck that bad? Is that why Bill won’t respond on whether he will do it or not? This story has got a lot of attention in this blog, so I had to include it.
10. The West Memphis Three released from prison – This story was pretty huge, so this had to be part of the top 10. Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley Jr., and Jason Baldwin were accused of murdering young boys, they were released from prison earlier this year as part of a Alford plea deal. These three got a lot of support by the music community. A lot of famous musicians supported them and said they were innocent. Music fans all over the web supported them as well. I watched the first “Paradise Lost”, movie about them and it was pretty interesting.
9. The Ultimate Warrior feuds with Hulk Hogan – This was a pretty real feud. It was no wrestling storyline for sure. The Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan feuded throughout most of 2011. What the Warrior is upset at Hogan about is that Hulk Hogan has been attacking Warrior in interviews publicly. Hulk has used some of Warrior’s image and catchphrases in other things too. So Warrior made all these video blogs calling out Hulk Hogan that he should stop what he’s doing. Of course, typical Hulk plays the innocent victim and claims he’s doing nothing wrong like usual. This story got a lot of attention here as this was an entertaining feud so I couldn’t help myself.
8. Donald Trump feuds with President Barack Obama – The Donald announced he was going to run for President, so as an idea to get his campaign to get more attention, he decided to feud with Barack. Saying that he is the worst president of the U.S. and accused Barack of not being a U.S. citizen. So The Donald demanded Barack to release his long form birth certificate, so the Donald got his wish when the President released his certificate at the White House press conference. This was a pretty entertaining feud, the Donald is a good trash talker for sure.
7. New Superman/Batman movies moves forward – Warner Bros./DC is in a huge legal war against the Segel heirs over Superman copyrights. This is why Warner Bros. is rushing the new Superman movie because of the lawsuit. Warner Bros. hired Christopher Nolan to be “Superman’s” mentor, not director. So Chris Nolan and WB’s hired Zack Snyder to direct, “Man of Steel”. The reason Chris couldn’t direct the new Superman movie is because he was going to work on the new Batman flick, “The Dark Knight: Rises”. Both movies have been hard at work and looking good so far for both films.
6. Jared Lee Loughner goes on shooting rampage in Tucson, Arizona. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords survives shooting. – I couldn’t leave this one off of here. I’m glad to see Gabrielle Giffords doing better and doing okay. Lets hope that sick fuck, Loughner, gets what he deserves.
5. Steve Jobs dies – The Apple head honcho and inventor of many computers and gadgets. Macintosh, Ipod, Ipad, Iphone, etc. The man was a technology genius, love him or hate him. I guess you can consider that the Ipad I got for Christmas was in honor of Steve, RIP.
4. Lou Reed & Metallica collaborates – When Lou Reed & Metallica announced they were collaborating, they kept their project top secret for now. Everyone got excited at first ’cause we were thinking if they were going to get together to play their hit songs in the studio. It turns out the project wasn’t that. When they announced the album they were going to do is titled, “Lulu”, based on the German play by Frank Wedekind and they released a few samples off the album, the project sparked some controversy online. You either loved it or hated it. I thought it was kind of interesting how people reacted to this project. I do support the album, “Lulu” ’cause it is great.
3. Casey Anthony found not guilty of first degree murder – Yep, another one walks a murder a free woman. Poor little Caylee Anthony, is spinning in her grave while her killer is still out there.
2. Amy Winehouse dies – While the UK popstar’s death was expecting, I didn’t think it would happen this year. So her death was pretty shocking to me. Her death got mixed reactions. Some didn’t care ’cause of her drug problems, and her die hard fans mourned her death. She was quite a talent. I loved her music and it’s a shame she’s gone too soon. If she got her act together and got herself clean, if she survived, she would have had a big career ahead of her. Her music career was sadly very brief. Kind of like Jimi Hendrix’s career was very brief.
1. Charlie Sheen vs. Chuck Lorre feud – So Charlie Sheen gets fired from his sitcom, “Two and a Half Men” after talking trash about the show’s producer, Chuck Lorre, in interviews. After this, Charlie continued to feud with Lorre in interviews for radio and TV. Earlier this year, Charlie did a few live internet broadcasts shows called, “Charlie Korner’s” in which he filmed at in his home. In 2011, Charlie became the most talked about actor on the internet. He was everywhere. Facebook, twitter, etc. It was basically his “Winning” catchphrase, that gave him all this attention. Even though Charlie is pretty calm and easy going today, I wish he would get back into the insane Charlie ’cause I’ll admit that insane Charlie was pretty entertaining.