Michael J. Fox is hosting a poker game event to help benefit his Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Disease research. He invites his longtime friend and actor, Christopher Lloyd to the poker game. So while these two guys were at the poker game, they decided to take a selfie together just for old time’s sake for both of their instagram accounts. There has been Back to the Future reunions in the past so these two guys have been together in the past before.
Even if there hasn’t been anymore “Back to the Future” sequels, fans still love the movies after all these years and these two guys know there are still fans out there so they took this photo for us fans. I know I’m a huge fan of the BTTF trilogy. Love all three of them; although, the first two will always be the best. The third one, the Western one was pretty good but not the best.
Will there ever be a “Back to the Future 4” for the big screen? In interviews, Christopher said he’s always game for playing Doc Brown again, he said he’s always ready for it but as far as Michael goes, I don’t think he’ll be able to play Marty again due to Parkinson’s. On top of that, Rob Zemeckis the director of the trilogy doesn’t want anymore “BTTF” films with no reason given. I guess Zemeckis just had enough of them and just wants to move on.
Anyhow, Christopher and Michael still do look great together after all these years, though and they are still brothers after all these years too. I wish they could do one more BTTF film ’cause I believe they can pull it off easily, it’s just that Zemeckis wants nothing to do with them anymore. Such a shame.
These two guys are very liberal politically yes but I don’t care, the BTTF movies are still freakin’ awesome.
Even more “Back to the Future” news, Christopher Lloyd says he’s completely game for returning as Doc Brown in BTTF 4 if the original team would come back. That means Rob Zemeckis, Bob Gale, MJ Fox, Lea Thompson, Thomas Wilson will have to come back in order to get Chris to sign on.
Despite Michael’s parkinsons, I too believe he can still play Marty McFly pretty well; however, if Michael reprised his role as Marty in BTTF 4… Marty won’t be able to do a lot of action sequences.
I think it’ll be great if the whole gang came back, though.
It be kind of sweet to see Biff back ’cause he is one of my favorite movie villains of all time. Biff is still not done with Marty and still after him, HA!
“Hello, Hello, anyone home. Think McFly think.”
It’ll be awesome if BTTF 4 happened and I think it can work with the right story and script.
Sure, Chris Lloyd and MJ Fox are aging. Michael is in 50’s now and Chris is almost 80 but I’m sure they can figure out a storyline where they can explain the characters aging, ya know what I mean? Remember, it’s a time travel movie so anything can work.
Christopher Lloyd maybe 76 years old now but he still kills it as Doc Brown. Ya know, like most people I wish there could be a Back to The Future – Part 4 ’cause I agree there should be one more. I can understand why it won’t happen ’cause of the story and all that but hey. It’s called “creative writing” for a reason, ya know? BTTF series is science fiction and with sci-fi you can come up with anything. I think a BTTF 4 could work ’cause you can always come up with a story for it.
Anyway, I know a BTTF 4 will never happen now ’cause obviously, Michael J. Fox still has Parkinson’s Disease. Even though Michael still acts in films and TV shows here and there, I think he’s done with leading roles in big Hollywood films ’cause his body can’t take that kiind of work. That’s why he’s been working smaller roles a lot.
Ya know, an interesting idea for BTTF 4 is that Doc Brown could be the lead and Marty McFly could have a smaller role. I doubt they’ll go for that idea but it’s a start.
I’m a huge fan of the BTTF trilogy myself but the first one will always be a classic. I love the first film so much.
This is one of my favorite films of all time. While I do love the BTTF trilogy, the first will always be the best. It’s a classic indeed and I love it so much. I may as well re-watch it again later tonight.
Like most, I’ve seen it over a hundred times and it’s one of those films I’ll never get tired of.
Michael J. Fox is not letting his Parkinson’s disease getting in the way of something that he loves doing, and that is playing the guitar! Michael does his yearly Cure for Parkinsons benefit concerts in NYC, and here he is, the man himself, playing the guitar to the song, “Johnny B. Goode”. He may have played this song for the film, “Back to the Future”, but that was obviously acting. In this video, this is for real. He really does know how to play, “Johnny B. Goode”, and he even plays the guitar solo.
Whether you think this is a good performance or not, you still got to give Michael the kudos for the effort. You can see that he’s standing while playing guitar and that’s pretty ballsy when you got Parkinson’s. Even though it looks like he’s having a hard time standing, he played right through the whole song and he does look like he’s having a blast. It’s great to see Michael that he still plays guitar even though he is sick. Rock on, man!
Well, today is a huge release day in the entertainment world. Why? Because, the long awaited, “Back to the Future” trilogy hits on Blu Ray and “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II” video game hits shelves today! I would love to get both, but maybe I will buy them when I go to Orlando this week. There is a probably a few Best Buy stores in Orlando somewhere, and I’ll probably run into one.
I think the “BTTF” Blu Ray will sell pretty big. “The Force Unleashed II” will sell good as well. If I don’t get these in Orlando, I’ll just buy them after my vacation back here in NY. I do want both pretty badly though. I’m a huge BTTF fan. Love the movies!
Michael J. and Chris Lloyd still have their popularity, listen to the crowd reaction when they are just arriving at the Scream awards.
This pic is so badass, I just had to post it! Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd reunion at the 2010 Scream Awards. Here they are posing for photogs. Ever since these two haven’t been doing the Back to the Future series, their looks haven’t changed one bit. Very weird! I love the Back to the Future trilogy, all three films are great!
CNN exclusively released rare never before seen footage of Eric Stoltz, the first actor that was originally signed to play Marty McFly in, “Back to the Future”. Rob Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg shot 5 weeks of filming with Eric, but they ended up firing the guy from the role because they felt he didn’t fit. The job obviously went to Michael J. Fox instead, of course! The film makers of “Back to The Future” never shown this footage publicly. You can see the rest of the Eric Stoltz footage on the upcoming “Back to the Future” Blu Ray set, which I will definitely buy! This video is very cool and it’s worth seeing!
Since the movie industry is celebrating, the great “Back to the Future” trilogy by releasing the series to Blu Ray and doing a re-release in the UK, I thought it would be fun to show you what the cast of “Back to the Future” is up to now. Since they are doing no more BTTF films, you wonder if the cast is still acting or if any of them retired and moved on.
Here we go:
- Michael J. Fox – I’m sure everybody knows what he is up to these days. He was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease which forced him to retire from acting, but not for good. He is still acting occasionally. He appeared in the sitcom “Scrubs” for a few episodes and he appears on TV often. Ever since he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, he started the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research. Michael will make a full time TV return to star in the TV series, “The Good Wife”. Michael J. Fox also enjoys playing professional golf when he is not acting.
- Christopher Lloyd – He is still acting for TV spots, appearing in films and doing voice overs for animated films. You can see him in the new “Piranha 3D” movie which he plays the role of, Mr. Goodman.
- Crispin Glover – He was the role of George McFly in BTTF. Crispin is still acting in film to this day. His most recent roles were Stayne in “Alice in Wonderland” and he also stars in the comedy, “Hot Tub Time Machine”.
- Lea Thompson – She is Marty’s mother in the BTTF series. I believe she still acting in film as well. Her latest work, she starred in the UK straight to DVD release family film, “Adventures of a Teenage Dragonslayer”.
- Thomas Wilson – Tom is Biff, the villain/bully of the BTTF franchise. I believe he retired from acting. He became a standup comedian and musician. Visit his official youtube channel.
- Claudia Wells – She plays Marty’s girlfriend in the first one. She is no longer acting as she has retired. She now owns a men’s fashion business, here she is here.
- Marc McClure – He played Marty’s brother, Dave, in the series. He was also Jimmy Olsen in the Superman movies. Marc I believed, retired from acting. His last movie role was “Frost/Nixon” in 2008.
- Wendi Jo Sperber – Wendi was Marty’s sister, Linda, in the series. Sorry to say, but Wendi Jo Sperber passed away on Nov. 29th, 2005.
- James Tolkan – He is that bald headed principal who was always mean. Looking up his filmography, I believe he is retired. I’m sure you remember this guy from his other well known roles such as “Masters of the Universe” and “Top Gun”.
- Elisabeth Shue – She played Jennifer Parker in “Back to the Future II”. She is still acting as you can also see her in “Piranha 3D” starring with Jerry O’ Connell.
That’s the best I can find, doing careful research. Enjoy.