I love music biopic films. Ya know, movies about famous artists and bands that are played by different actors. There have been many over the years with movies like “La Bamba”, “The Buddy Holly Story”, “Walk the Line”, “Ray”, “Get On Up”, “Straight Outta Compton”, “The Doors”, “Sid and Nancy”, etc.
Now with the release of “Bohemian Rhapsody” and the upcoming “Rocketman” (biopic film of Elton John), I thought it would be fun to name some bands & artists that I think deserves their own biopic big screen films… enjoy the list:
- Metallica: You know this one will be coming sooner or later. I think a biopic film about Metallica spanning the entire career of the band would be fun. This film could tell so many interesting stories everything from the Cliff Burton era, the Cliff Burton death, the Napster controversy, the Dave Mustaine feud, getting close to breaking up around the “St. Anger” days and so on and so forth. This would make an interesting movie for sure.
- Michael Jackson: There have been a few TV movies about MJ I think but I think his story should get told on the big screen. You know this one will be coming at some point.
- KISS: I think it’ll be interesting if Kiss gets a biopic film made about the forming of the original lineup and the film could lead up to their breakup. I also believe a Kiss biopic could make its way to the big screen sometime in the future for sure.
- Billy Idol: I’m a huge Billy Idol fan and I think his story could be interesting. I’ve read a lot about his life and I think some of his stories would be good for a big screen movie.
- The Allman Brothers Band: I think a film about the Allman Brothers would be really good. It could go from their formation all the way up to their final show at the Beacon Theater in NYC. Just think how much of a tearjerker of a film this would be with the passings of Duane, Butch and Gregg. There was actually a Gregg Allman biopic film that Hollywood was gonna put out called, “Midnight Rider” but the film got cancelled due to that freak accident that killed a young woman. They could still try and get an Allman Brothers movie going, though.
- Joan Jett: There’s already a biopic movie about “The Runaways” and Joan Jett is in it played by a different actress but I think it’s time that Joan deserves her own biopic film. It be nice if we get a Joan Jett film chronicling her solo career. Believe it or not, I am a huge Joan Jett fan!
- David Bowie: You know a Bowie biopic is gonna happen at some point in the future. Would be very cool. I think Bowie himself would have been honored if a biopic film happened.
- The Clash: A film about the Clash would be awesome. The film could start at their formation and all the way to their breakup in 1986. It would make an interesting movie about the punk scene during those years.
- Nirvana or a Kurt Cobain biopic: You know this one will be coming in the future too. Either a story about Kurt or the band Nirvana would be cool on the big screen.
- Led Zeppelin: This would be freakin’ cool if this happened. A Led Zeppelin biopic film. It could start at its formation with the Yardbirds and then go up to the band’s breakup after John Bonham’s death, the movie could end right there. I think a Led Zep biopic movie would be a box office hit too.
There’s the list. Enjoy!